Encourage and Celebrate
Extensive Volunteer Involvement of
Our Parents and Families
Our volunteers’ time, talent, energy, and enthusiasm bring vibrancy to every event, whether it be a class outing, a holiday festivity, a library task, or fundraising on behalf of the school.
The school asks that each family contribute 35 volunteer hours per year. Since we are a charter school, we only receive 80% of the funding that other public schools in our district receive. To help to bridge that financial gap, we rely on volunteers to help the school run smoothly.
Parents and family members help out in a wide variety of ways – we encourage you to volunteer in ways that highlight your skills, interests and passions, no matter how large or small.
Ideas Of Ways Your Family Can Participate:
- Classroom support
- Front office support
- Lunch and recess support
- Taking photographs for projects, the auction or our website
- Reading Buddies – Come read one and one with the students
- Take home projects for teachers – washing napkins, etc.
- Morning drop-off and pick-up (help directing traffic)
- Field trip supervision
- Project – if you have an amazing idea for the class or the entire school, please contact Miranda
- All school social events – Annual School Auction, other fundraisers, potlucks, parent education
- Contribute to after-school programs or in-school studios
- Cleaning crew
- Parent outreach
- Joining a committee
- Serve on the school board
- The Possibilities are Endless!
THE COMMUNITY ROOTS SCHOOL ADMITS STUDENTS REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AND NATIONAL OR ETHNIC ORIGIN.